Children are a treasured gift at Central Lutheran Church. Children of all ages are welcome in worship. Children are welcome at the communion table. Children are a vital part of the congregation’s ministry and mission.
We begin the year with Centering Sunday (formerly known as Rally Day) on September 9. This is the weekend we resume our program year—welcoming everyone back into the cadence of our life together.
Our children return to Sunday school on Sunday, September 16. As we wait for our new building to be completed, we will begin in the lower narthex as we did last year. Our format remains the same with a large group opening at 9:30 followed by classes grouped by age and grade. Many of our Sunday school teachers are returning so we welcome everyone back to familiar smiles and warmth. When our building is finished, and we are ready to move upstairs, we will celebrate with a great parade that will move us from our temporary classrooms to our new mission-forward space.
All of our youth programming has been moved to the lower narthex. This includes:
- The nursery – set up with all the favorite toys and furniture
- Sunday school classroom – relocated with familiar furniture and beloved teachers
- Confirmation class – complete with snacks and supplies
- High school space – designed for great conversation and learning
Faith Formation @ Central
Pastor Stephanie Friesen
Pastor for Formation and Care
It’s September and that means it’s time to welcome all our kids back to programming! The wonder of summer presents great learning opportunities, but I’m always delighted to see our children back in their routines here at church. All students are welcome! Here are some important dates for you to enter into your calendars now.
- Centering Sunday
- Blessing of the Backpacks
- Sunday School Open House
- Second Sunday for Youth (Grades 6-12)
- First Day of Sunday School, Confirmation & High School Group
- 3-Year Old Bible Presentation Milestone
- Confirmation Retreat at Camp Wapo
- Holy Communion Class