Lifelong learning for adults is part of the core value of Central Lutheran Church.
Lifelong Faith Formation for Adults
Sunday Adult Lifelong Formation for September through November
The Sunday morning adult lifelong faith formation hour at 9:30 am will resume this fall, once we occupy the new facility. For September and early October, the Adult Sunday Lifelong Formation time will be offered at 11:45 am in the sanctuary.
- Sunday, September 23 – Pastor Peter leads the first forum on “How Much is Enough?” Plans have been made for the 2018-19 program year to encourage conversations on our lives as children of a generous God. At the adult forum on Sunday, September 23, we will begin to explore our year-long theme “How Much Is Enough?” We will study the ELCA 40-page electronic booklet “How Much Is Enough? A Deeper Look at Stewardship in an Age of Abundance.” It has six short chapters, written by noted ELCA theologians, on different aspects of Biblical stewardship. In November, we are pleased to announce that Rev. Chick Lane who authored the first chapter “Trusting God’s Abundance” will be our presenter. Throughout the year, studies on each chapter will continue bi-monthly. Sign up after worship or RSVP to Sara Masters as email@example.com so we can order box lunches for this conversation.
- Sunday, September 30 – Sabbath to End Homelessness Forum. Join Pastor Melissa and the leaders of Central’s Community Ministry Team to explore the challenges and hopes as we work together to end homelessness. This forum will meet at 11:45 a.m. after worship in the sanctuary.
- Sunday, October 7 – Dedication and 100th Anniversary Year Kick Off Weekend, no forum
- Sunday, October 14 – Global Mission Forum on Lutheran Health Care Bangladesh, hopefully at 9:30 a.m. in the new facility.
- Sunday, October 21 – Faith Stories, pathways of vocation and generosity Forum with Pastor Peter
- Sunday, October 28 – The Arts and Peace Forum
- Sunday, November 4 – End of Life, Funeral Planning with Pastor C
- Sunday, November 11 – “How Much Is Enough?” Forum with the Rev. Chick Lane
- Sunday, November 18 – Faith Stories, pathways of vocation and generosity, led by Pastor Peter
Fall Wednesday Evening Bible Study: Genesis, chapters 1-11 with Pastor Peter
Begins Wednesday, October 10, 6:00 p.m.
Genesis is an early faith story of the people of God. The various authors of these first chapters weave together wonderful images for God, the world and human nature. Creation, human brokenness, the flood and new hope dominate these openings, and most studied, chapters in the Bible.
All are welcome to attend this study as we all join the theme for the year: Faith Stories, pathways of vocation and generosity. The study time concludes with a short evening prayer at 7:00 p.m. and concludes in time for choir members to get to choir by 7:15 p.m. The study is five weeks long, and will not meet on Wednesday, October 31.
Prayer Classes on Ignatian Spirituality and Discernment
Sundays October 14, 21, 28 and November 4, 1:00-2:30 p.m., Central Lutheran
You are invited to join the Rev. Kathie Nycklemoe for this four-week prayer class series on Ignatian Spirituality and Discernment. Each week participants will be introduced to ancient practices that have offered guidance to listeners for centuries and will leave with practical exercises to explore between sessions.
The sessions build on one another and so you need to commit to attending all four sessions. There is no charge, the classes are offered by the Central Prayer Ministry Team. Sign up for the classes after worship each weekend in September.