Jesus taught, “you cannot put new wine into old wineskins…” New wine needs new wineskins, renewed joy needs renewed vessels.
Building Renewal Update
June 21, 2017
There are many projects under way, and many details in process for the building renewal. It is important to share the news and keep you up to date. Here are a few highlights of the projects that are underway and their status:
- Stained glass restoration – continues with work beginning on the large cathedral windows.
- Sanctuary security system upgrade – continues with door sensor installation this week.
- Sound and video system – nearly complete, working out final adjustments, livestream of the worship services may begin by August 1.
- Office move to 1219 Marquette – underway, office up and running by July 5.
- Free Store and Health Commons move to triple-wide trailer – complete and up and running.
- Sand pit concrete floor poured – complete and ready for storage move in.
The other big news is that our project is officially out for bids. Last Wednesday a meeting was held for the contractors, hosted by Kodet Architects, to answer questions and open the bid process. This week contractors will be on site to learn about the building for their bid preparations. The contractors that are bidding have until July 7 to submit questions or to ask for alterations. The final bids are due July 13. These are exciting times and many amazing people are putting in countless hours for this project.
Renewed Joy, Renewed Vessels Capital Appeal Materials
Building Renewal Architect Images
To see the architect renderings of the new facility, download this pdf.
Building Renewal Task Force
Hazel Reinhardt, chair